You are currently not taking any of our courses.
Educate both your staff and your customers with our different courses!
1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® Contact Lenses help keep eyes in their natural state all day and over time1*. Thanks to the HYDRACLEAR® 1 technology which uses a cornea-lid inspired design, 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® lenses are almost invisible to the eye1*. Built with
EYE-INSPIRED™ Design, ACUVUE® TruEye® Contact Lenses offer more than just vision correction.
Discover the science and patented technologies that make ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses so special
Today’s patients look to seamlessly wear their lenses in diverse environments for longer throughout each day.2 For these patients, ACUVUE® now provides ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day, the latest ACUVUE® daily disposable spherical contact lens, specially designed to keep up with their busy lifestyle.3
Featuring HydraLuxe™ Technology, a unique Tear-Inspired Design that mimics the natural properties of tears and helps to stabilise the tear film to provide exceptional comfort all day long4 and makes vision clearer, brighter and sharper.5,#
Don’t take our word for it, 95% of Eye Care Professionals would recommend ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day as an upgrade for patients wearing 1-Day ACUVUE® Trueye®.6
At their next appointment, offer your patients the chance to try* ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe™ Technology so they can see the benefits themselves.
†1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® will be unavailable in Norway from December 2022.
*This is not a fit match.
#Enhanced optical design compared to our other lenses
1. JJV Data on File 2021. Claim for the family of ACUVUE® OASYS Contact Lenses (2-week reusable) and ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology using clinical trials cited on www.clinicaltrials.gov website (February 25, 2021).
2. Matthews K et al. Exploring variability in soft contact lens performance throughout the day. AAO poster presentation 2015.
3. JJV Data on File 2015. 1-week DW study conducted in the US, n=119 soft CL wearers, 81.5% rarely/never experienced eye fatigue.
4. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® Master brand claims on Clinical Performance and Overall Material Properties.
5. JJV Data on File 2017. Visual performance of ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day contact lenses with HydraLuxe™ Technology.
6. JJV Data on File 2019. Quantitative survey conducted with 150 UK Eye Care Professionals.
|Lens material||narafilcon A|
|Wetting technology||HYDRACLEAR® 1 technology|
|Base curve||8.5mm, 9.0mm|
|Power range||-0.50D to -6.00D (0.25D steps)
-6.50D to -12.00D (0.50D steps)
+0.50D to +6.00D (0.25D steps)
|Centre thickness||0.085mm (-3.00D lens)|
Oxygen transmissibility (Dk/t)
|118 x 10-9 (-3.00D lens)|
|Class 1 UV-blocking*||99.9% UVB, 96.9% UVA|
|Visibility features||Visibility tint
‘123’ inversion indicator
|Recommended replacement schedule||Single use only: 1-day replacement|
*PVP=polyvinylpyrrolidone. Comparable to no lens wear on comfort and 5 out of 6 measures of ocular health (limbal hyperemia, corneal vascularization, corneal staining, bulbar conjunctival hyperemia, and papillary conjunctivitis). No differences were observed between subjects wearing 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® to those wearing spectacles for all key biomicroscopic scores, except for conjunctival staining. The absolute levels of biomicroscopic scores were low and differences between the groups are not considered to be clinically relevant.
**All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. UV transmission measured with -1.00 lens. JJVC data on file 2015.
1. Morgan PB et al. Ocular physiology and comfort in neophyte subjects fitted with daily disposable silicone hydrogel contact lenses. CLAE 2103; 36: 118–125.
2. Chamberlain P et al. Comfort and physiological response of neophytes with a daily disposable silicone hydrogel contact lens. CLAE, 2009, 32:5, 210-254.
3. JJVC Data on file 2013. Optom Vis Sci. 2005 Jun;82(6):467–72.
4. Brennan N. Diffusion equation calculations of corneal oxygen consumption with SiH and hydrogel DD CL wear. Optom Vis Sci 2009 E-abstract 95809.
5. UV Consumer Insights Survey, November 2011, online questionnaire with 18-45 year-old soft CL wearers (UK, n=400; Poland, n=300) and CL considerers (Poland, n=302).
6. Veys J & French K. Health Benefits of Daily Disposable Lenses. Optician 2006; 231:6050; 16-20.
7. Chalmers RL, Hickson-Curran SB, Keay L, Gleason WJ, Albright R. Rates of adverse events with hydrogel and silicone hydrogel daily disposable lenses in a large post market surveillance registry: the TEMPO registry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015; 56:654–663. DOI: 10.1167 / iovs.14-15582.
Packing solution contains boric acid and disodium tetraborate (sodium borate) to control the pH of the solution.